Inter State Youth Exchange Programme
An Inter state youth exchange programme was conducted by GVSS under the flagship of Youth Affairs & Sports Ministry, Government of India, New Delhi. This programme was held between 16 may 2010 to 30 May, 2010. The youth visited 5 states as mentioned below:
- Ahmedabad (Gujrat)
- Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- Gurgaon (Haryana)
- Jalandhar (Punjab)
- Jaisalmer (Rajasthan)
Major Activities Of This Programme :
- Formation of the exposure groups was done without any biasedness and representatives of all backward castes, women, literate & illiterate were provided space equally in these groups.
- Group members grippingly studied development activities, religion & historical ethnicity during exposure programme.
- Following activities were conducted by the group member:
- Communication group organized dance & stage plays.
- Discussion on communal harmony & National integrity.
- Established communication with local communities and make understanding on their development.
- Collected information on their living, life styles, daily routine, customs & religion etc.
- Participated in group discussions, exhibitions, workshops & meetings etc.
- Organized street plays on AIDS awareness.
To get acquainted with the customs, life styles, heritage & environment of the populaces of different regions.
To study intensely on the historical & cultural values in the form of various heritages & life styles etc.
To understand the problems of the people living in different regions.
To integrate the feeling of communal harmony in youth.
To establish the feeling of National integrity in each and every person apart from having a lot of variations like - culture, religion, geographical & social aspects.
Under this Inter state youth exchange programme, the youth of Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Jalandhar & Jaisalmer get acquainted with the customs, life styles, heritage & environment of the populaces of different regions. They studied intensely on the historical & cultural values in the form of various heritages & life styles, livelihood, castes, food & beverages etc. The youth group demonstrated the development plan of different regions through presentations, stage plays, puppet shows, music concerts etc. In this energetic event 50 youth from 5 states have participated advantageously.