Women & Child Development Programme
Short Stay Home for Women & Girls
A short stay home for women & girls is being conducted from 19 Jul. 2008 in Jodhpur by GVSS & in association with Central Social Welfare Board, New Delhi. This short stay home provides medical care, psychiatric care, professional counseling, educational & professional training to the women and girls suffering from family problems, psychological problems, social exclusion, exploitation and many more other reasons.
- To provide help and short stay home to the women & girls who are not getting any social assistance.
- To provide skill training and counseling to the women and girls for social and economic rehabilitation.
Target Group & Beneficiaries:
- Those who are compelled to adopt prostitution.
- The family sufferers of family tensions and discord who are homeless with having no source of income.
- Those who have not any social security against their exploitation or the women suffering from litigation on marital disputes.
- Those who are sexually harassed and are facing problems in getting readjusted with the family and society.
- The Victims of mental tension, emotional deformation & social exclusion.
- Those who are homeless due to mental problems and require mental & physical treatment. They need counseling in getting readjusted with the family and society.
- Women of 15-35 age groups are given priority.
- The children coming with their mothers are allowed to stay in these homes up to the age of 7 consecutively they have been transferred to the child institutions or they have been taken care of upbringing facilities.
Family Counseling Centre, Jaisalmer
- GVSS is running a family-counseling centre at Jaisalmer from 1 Jan. 2005 in association with Central Social Welfare Board, New Delhi.
- The family-counseling centers are being run for the prevention of family break-ups and to promote family harmony to strengthen the social structure.
- Rehabilitation and other relevant services are provided to the sufferer women and children through this scheme.
- Professional counseling is provided for intervention in crisis, investigation in dowry death and family disputes.
- To initiate compromises in the case of marriage break-up and to promote out of court compromises in family disputes.
- To provide short stay home, free legal assistance, police assistance etc.
- To provide counseling in short stay home, remand home, orphanage, De-addiction centre, jail, old age home & school etc.
- To educate & aware people on social issues.
- To generate awareness pertaining to the schemes run by the various cooperative and non governmental organizations dealing social welfare activities so that the people may be benefited.
- To provide rehabilitation services for the sufferers and their dependants.
- To provide crisis intervention services for family, workplace etc.